TELL ME ABOUT RETURNSHIPS
It’s pretty simple actually. A returnship is a high-level internship that gives professionals looking to re-enter the workforce or those seeking a new career path a chance to try out a new career.
Following a career break or a desire to make a career shift, returnships enable women to get back to work on a short term, low risk basis for both the woman and the organization offering the position.
WHY SHOULD MY COMPANY CARE?
Returnships enable you to tap into a highly-skilled but under-utilized pool of talented workers whose resumés are often overlooked. These women offer a wealth of knowledge based on their previous roles and life experiences.
The bottom line is that returnships offer women a chance to figure out what they want to do next while brushing up on their skills at the same time, with no risk for your company.
NEED MORE REASONS?
The best managers invest time in their employee’s career development and well-being.
- It’s a cost-effective, low risk solution for your hiring needs.
- Returners have an enhanced level of maturity, experience, skills and commitment than traditional student interns.
- Returners possess many soft skills (ie. work ethic, patience, communication). increasingly important to long term job success.
- Great employees possess the soft skills of empathy, communication, empowerment and concern for wellness. The very same skills women practice at home with children.
- We believe that life experience matters, and that some of the strongest talent in the workforce have the added skill of parenting.
- The message is clear. A well-run, properly organised, broadly bought-into and flexible returners programme can bring benefits to the whole workplace. Done properly it’s an opportunity to challenge company norms and learn from the vast reserves of untapped talent that exist in places you don’t normally look.